To request your medication orders must be placed in writing using one of the following methods:
- In person/post - carefully mark the items required on the repeat slip attached to your last prescription and forward it to the surgery. If you want it posted back please provide a stamped addressed envelope.
- Order online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple one-off registration.
- email your request directly to the patient email email@example.com
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Please request your medication no more than 2/3 days before you are due to run out. If you are over 70 years old or housebound we will accept your medication request over the phone
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or pharmacist at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
If you do not have a medication review it will limit the quantity you will be prescribed.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.